Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyengar (1890-1967), popularly known as Ariyakudi, was a Carnatic Music vocalist, born in Ariyakudi a town in the Karaikudi district, present Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu. Ariyakudi developed unique style of singing came to be known as The Ariyakudi Tradition and is followed by his students. He established the modern katcheri (concert) traditions in Carnatic music. In 1954, he was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship the highest honour conferred by Sangeet Natak Akademi, India's National Academy for Music, Dance and Drama. This was followed by Padma Bhushan by Government of India in 1958.
1. Ninnu Kori (Varnam)-Mohanam-Adi 5:47
2. Telisi Ramachintanato-Purnachandrika-Adi 5:11
3. Sadbhaktiyu-Anandabhairavi-Rupakam 9:49
4. Ne Pogada-Varali-Khanda Chapu 8:01
5. Palinchu Kamakshi-Madhyamavati-Adi 20:42
6. Yarendru RaghavanaiYadukula kambhoji-Adi 8:32
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: