Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu Carnatic Violin Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu was born in 1893 in Bangalore where his father was a Commissioned Officer in the Army. Dwaram matured early as a musician of rare calibre. He went on to win great praise and many laurels for his exquisite handling of the violin. He received the President award for Carnatic instrumental music in 1953 and was awarded the title of Padma Shri in 1957. Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu died in 1964. He was well known for his deft handling of even complex Ragas. Though a traditionalist at heart who adhered to the orthodox Carnatic style, he was receptive to fresh ideas.
1. Vathapi Ganapatim:Raga-Hamsadhwani, Taal-Adi, Composer-Muthuswamy Deekshithar
2. Janani Ninnu Vina:Raga-Reetigoula, Taal-Mishra Chapu, Composer-Subbarayashastry
3. Brovabharama:Raga-Bahudar, Taal-Adi, Composer-Thyagaraja,
4. Durmargachar:Raga-Ranjani, Taal-Roopakam, Composer-Thyagaraja
5. Ksheera Sagara Sayana:Raga-Devagandhari, Taal-Adi, Composer-Thyagaraja
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: